Activities and Lunch Club Co-ordinator
Post: Activities and Lunch Club Co-ordinator Job Ref : CATH002
To organise and facilitate the day to day running of the Lunch Club for older people ensuring that activities and services are delivered to agreed standards. The main services provided by the Lunch Club are Chinese meals cooked on site, general advice and information, physical activities, workshops, social support, leisure and recreational activities such as short trips/outings.
To develop a team of volunteers providing group sessions to older people and to develop new activities in line with user interests and needs and the aims of Chinese Association of Tower Hamlets.
Part Time 12 hours per week
Contract to End of March 2023 (Continuation subject to funding)
Salary £192 per week /£16 per hour
1. Oversee Lunch Club provision including the completion of baseline information form for each individual.
2. Record, monitor and review attendance numbers to support future needs and developments within the service area.
3. To provide, organise and facilitate services and activities by:-
- providing general advice, information and support to users as appropriate
- facilitating sessions/group activities, workshops as appropriate or required
- drawing up and distributing publicity including fliers, press releases, newsletter
- identifying areas where fundraising may be required and organising fundraising activities, events when appropriate
- liaison with other agencies when appropriate
4. Represent CATH within the local community where appropriate.
5. To abide by and implement all policies and procedures of CATH, including being aware of responsible corporately and as an individual for Health and Safety policy.
6. Working with Individuals
- Build and maintain relationships with individuals based on mutual respect, dignity and honesty.
- Enable individuals to represent themselves, where possible, or speak up on their behalf.
- Empower and involve individuals as much as possible in decisions that affect them.
7. Recording, reporting, monitoring and evaluation:-
- Utilise the Case Recording System as directed by the General Manager including recording and monitoring all work undertaken.
- Produce written reports and case studies as required by the General Manager to enable effective evaluation of the impact of the Lunch Club and activities.
8. To carry out and supervise essential administration including:-
- clerical – general correspondence, updating records/database, mail outs, filing, word
processing of reports, schedules etc.
- financial – overseeing and keeping records of authorised day to day expenditure and income
for the Lunch Club, petty cash system, collecting and recording.
9. Other Tasks
- Managing and guiding volunteers if and when required.
- To ensure compliance with GDPR regulations involving all aspects of data protection.
- To undertake all reasonable tasks, in keeping with the level of the post, as required by the General Manager
Firstly, you will need to complete an application form, successful applicants will then undergo an interview to assess whether you have the capabilities for the job role. Additional methods of assessment are marked with an asterisks ( * ) below.
- Speak fluent English, Cantonese & Mandarin
- Computer literate
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Good reporting and writing skills in English and Chinese
- Desirable: Full UK Driving Licence
- Must be willing to undertake training that is relevant to the post
- Desirable: Degree level or equivalent *Proof of Certificate/s
- Desirable: Any qualification relevant to Social Work *Proof of Certificate/s
- Ability to control, organise and prioritise workload making day to day decisions on casework issues within agreed deadlines
- An ability to work as part of a team to meet objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users, staff and other stakeholders
- Ability to carry out work with clients in a professional manner and in accordance with accepted good practice, enabling client to develop and build on their own strengths, and outcomes appropriate to the needs of the clients
- Ability and willingness to promote the Association’s policies and initiatives on Equal Opportunities and provide support to people with housing, benefit and health problems.
- Ability to collate and analyse statistical monitoring of client profiles and benefit based outcomes, identify trends and prepare clear and concise reports
- Ability to confront and challenge injustice
Knowledge & Experience
- 2 years work/volunteer experience in a Lunch Club setting
- Understanding of the needs and obstacles faced by adult service users
- Experience of providing training and talks to external audiences
- Experience of working with the Chinese & Vietnamese communities in East London
- Experience of working with elderly and disabled people
- Desirable: Knowledge of benefits systems, specifically those relevant to elderly and disabled people
- Flexible working hours including Saturday working
- Ability and willingness to attend evening and weekend meetings if and when required
- To carry out any other duties that are in line with the purpose of the organisation
If you’re interested in this opportunity and want to find out more information, please contact Alan Chau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07931303878.
Please download and complete the application form.
Once you have completed the form please email it to email@example.com with your name and contact details.